纽约英语口语网新版
泰坦尼克号
第 13 课

Man: She"s the largest moving object ever made by the hand of man in all history. 她是史上最大的交通工具
And our master shipbuilder, Mr. Andrews here designed her from the keel plates up. 完全是由安德鲁先生设计的
Well, I may have knocked her together 我只是负责造船
but the idea was Mr. Ismay"s. 但这是伊士美先生的构思

He envisioned a steamer so grand in scale and so luxurious 他要造最大 、 最豪华的邮轮
in its appointments that its supremacy would never be challenged. 而且要空前绝后
And here she is willed into solid reality. 而她就在这儿 , 理想成真
Man: Hear, hear. 说得好

You know I don"t like that, Rose. 你明知道我不喜欢你这样

She knows. 她知道的 您呢 ?
We"ll both have the lamb, rare, with very little mint sauce. 我们俩要羊排三分熟 , 一点点薄荷酱
Hmm,you like lamb, right, sweet pea? 你喜欢羊排吧 ?
Are you going to cut her meat for her, too, there, Cal? 是香肠 卡尔 , 你要帮她切肉吗 ?

Hey, uh, who thought of the name ""Titanic""? 船名是谁取的 ?
Was it you, Bruce? - Well,yes, actually. 是你吗 , 布鲁斯 ? 是的
I wanted to convey sheer size and the size means stability luxury, and above all, strength. 取它 “硕大无比” 的意思大表示可靠 、 豪华 特别是力量

Do you know of Dr. Freud, Mr. Ismay? 你听过佛洛伊德吗 伊士美先生 ?
His ideas about the male preoccupation with size 他研究男性对尺寸的重视
might be of particular interest to you. 你可能会有兴趣
What"s gotten into you? - Excuse me. 你是怎么啦 ? 失陪

I do apologize. - She"s a pistol, Cal. 真是失礼
Hope you can handle her. - Well, I may have to start minding... what she reads from now on, won"t I, Mrs. Brown? 她好呛 , 希望你能应付得来 我得开始注意她看的书
Freud-- Who is he? Is he a passenger? 佛洛伊德 ? 他是乘客吗 ?