纽约英语口语网新版
泰坦尼克号
第 14 课

Fabrizio: The ship is nice, huh? 这艘船很棒吧 ?
Yeah, it"s an Irish ship. - Is English, no? 对啊 , 是爱尔兰制造的 是英国的吧 ?
No, it was built in Ireland. 1 5,000 Irishmen built this ship. 不是的 她是由一万五千名 爱尔兰人所制造的
Solid as a rock. Big Irish hands. 非常的坚固 爱尔兰人所造出来的
That"s typical. First-class dogs come down here to take a shit. 又有头等舱的客人 带狗到这儿来拉屎了
Uh, it lets us know where we rank in the scheme of things. 好让我们知道自己是啥身份啊
Like we could forget? 难道我们会忘记吗 ?

I"m Tommy Ryan. -Jack Dawson. 我叫汤米 . 雷恩
Hello. - Fabrizio. 杰克 . 道森 法布里吉欧
Hi. Do you make any money with your drawings? 你的画能赚钱吗 ?

Oh, forget it, boyo. You"d as like have angels fly out your arse as get next to the likes of her. 老弟 , 甭想啦 你连接近的机会都没有

I saw my whole life as if I'd already lived it-- 我当时觉得 自己的生活了无生趣
an endless parade of parties and cotillions 不是餐会就是舞会
yachts and polo matches 游艇赛 、 马球赛
always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter. 老是跟同一批思想狭隘的人 永远言不及义
I felt like I was standing at a great precipice 我彷佛站在悬崖上
with no one to pull me back 没人要拉我一把
no one who cared or even noticed. 没人关心或甚至注意到我

Don"t do it. 别跳
Stay back. 退回去
Don"t come any closer. 别靠近
Come on.Just give me your hand. I"ll pull you back over. 手伸出来 , 我拉你
No! Stay where you are. I mean it. 不 , 你别过来 我是认真的
I"ll let go. 我会松手的

No,you won"t. 不 , 你不会的
What do you mean, no, I won"t? 你什么意思 ?
Don"t presume to tell me what I will and will not do. You don"t know me. 你凭什么说 我会不会去做什么 ?

Well,you would have done it already. 你又不认识我
要跳早就跳了
You"re distracting me. Go away. 你让我分心 , 走开
I can"t. I"m involved now. 不行 , 我已经介入了
You let go and I"m going to have to jump in there after you. 你若跳下去的话 我也只好跟着跳了
Don"t be absurd. You"ll be killed. 别胡说八道了
I"m a good swimmer. - The fall alone would kill you. 你会死掉 我很会游泳 你会摔死
It would hurt. - I"m not saying it wouldn"t. 我承认会很痛
To tell you the truth I"m a lot more concerned about that water being so cold. 说真的 我比较担心的 , 是水很冷