纽约英语口语网新版
泰坦尼克号
第 24 课

Ruth: My dear, it"s delightful to see you.
What a remarkable voyage this is. 这趟旅程真有意思
It"s mad, isn"t it? - Ruth: I love your perfume.
There"s the Countess of Rothes. 那位是罗仕女伯爵
And, um, that"s John Jacob Astor-- the richest man on the ship. 那是约翰 . 杰可布 . 亚士德 船上最有钱的人
His little wifey there, Madeleine, is my age and in delicate condition. 他太太跟我一样年纪 她已经怀孕了

See how she"s trying to hide it? 但她不想让人知道
Quite the scandal. - Hmm. 差点闹翻天
And that"s Benjamin Guggenheim and his mistress Madame Aubert. 古根汉先生跟他的情妇
Mrs. Guggenheim is at home with the children, of course. 当然 , 古太太正在家陪孩子
And over here we have Sir Cosmo and Lucille Lady Duff-Gordon. 这边是柯士摩爵士和露锡儿
She designs naughty lingerie, among her many talents. 她设计性感内衣 当然还有别的长处
Very popular with the royals. 她非常受皇室的宠爱

Congratulations, Hockley. She"s splendid. 真是恭喜你了 , 她好标致
]Why, thank you. 谢谢
Care to escort a lady to dinner? - Certainly. 要不要护花一下啊 ? 没问题
( Chuckling ) - Sweat pea? 小可爱
Cal: Sweet pea. - Ain"t nothin" to it, is there,Jack? 其实也没什么
Remember, they love money, so just pretend like you own a gold mine... 他们很爱钱 假装你拥有一座金矿
and you"re in the club. 就一切O K 了

Hey, Astor! - Well, hello, Molly. Nice to see you. 亚士德 毛莉 , 很高兴见到你
J.J. Madeleine, I"d like you to meet Jack Dawson. 两位 , 这位是杰克 . 道森
How do you do? - Pleasure. 幸会
Hello,Jack. Are you of the Boston Dawsons? 杰克..你是波士顿道家的人 ?
No-- the Chippewa Falls Dawsons, actually. 是吉培瓦的道家
Oh,yes. Yes. 这样啊 ?

He must have been nervous, but he never faltered. 他一定很紧张 , 却没有失态
They assumed he was one of them-- 他们以为他也很富有
Heir to a railroad fortune, perhaps. 铁路世家小开什么的
New money, obviously, but still a member of the club. 可能发迹未久 但仍算是富人阶级 Mother, of course, could always be counted upon. 但妈还是不改本色

Tell us of the accommodations in steerage, Mr. Dawson. 道森先生 下舱住得还算舒服吗 ?
I hear they"re quite good on this ship. 我听说还不错
The best I"ve seen, ma"am. Hardly any rats. 好得不得了 , 没几只老鼠

Mr. Dawson is joining us from the third class. 他是从三等舱过来的
He was of some assistance to my fiancee last night. 他昨晚帮了我的未婚妻
It turns out that Mr. Dawson is quite a fine artist. 事实上 , 道森先生很会画画
He was kind enough to show me some of his work today. 我看了他的作品
Rose and I differ somewhat in our definition of fine art. 萝丝跟我对美术的看法 有非常大的差异
Not to impugn your work, sir. 当然 我不是在说你的作品不好