纽约英语口语网新版
泰坦尼克号
第 9 课

Pretty cool, huh? 很酷吧 ?
Thank you for that fine forensic analysis, Mr. Bodine. 谢谢你这番精致的分析
Of course, the experience of it was somewhat different. 当然 , 亲身体验是有些不同的
Will you share it with us? 说来听听 , 好吗 ?

I"m taking her to rest. - No. 我带你去休息 不要
Come on, Nana. - No! 走吧 不要 !

Tell us, Rose. 告诉我们 , 萝丝
It"s been 84 years. 已经八十四年了
It"s okay.Just try to remember anything-- anything at all. 没关系 , 记得的就说 什么都可以
Do you want to hear this or not, Mr. Lovett? 你到底要不要听 , 罗威特先生

It"s been 84 years... 已经八十四年了
and I can still smell the fresh paint. 我彷佛还闻得到油漆的味道
The china had never been used. 船上的磁器都是新的
The sheets had never been slept in. 床单也没人用过
Titanicwas called ""The Ship of Dreams"" 铁达尼号被称为 “梦幻之船”
and it was, it really was. 名副其实 果然名副其实

Man: All third-class passengers with a forward berth this way, please, this queue. 前舱旅客 , 请这边走
Right here. - Big boat, huh? 你看这船
Daddy, it"s a ship. - You"re right. 是大轮船 你说得对

I don"t see what all the fuss is about. 没什么大不了的嘛 !
It doesn"t look any bigger than the Mauritania. 不会大过茅利塔尼亚号
You can be blase about some things, Rose, but not about Titanic. 绝对不能小看铁达尼号
It"s over 1 00 feet longer than Mauritania and far more luxurious. 她比茅利塔尼亚长一百尺而且豪华得多
Your daughter is far too difficult to impress, Ruth. 你女儿真是挑剔啊 , 露诗

So this is the ship they say is unsinkable. 人家说她是不沉之船 ?
It is unsinkable. God Himself could not sink this ship. 没错 , 绝对不会沉
Sir,you have to check your baggage through the main terminal. 什么事 ?
请到另一边上行李
It"s round that way, sir. - I put my faith in you, good sir. 拜托你了 , 我要照顾女士
Now, kindly see my man. - Yes, sir, my pleasure, sir. If I can do anything at all. - Oh,yes, right. 我的荣幸 , 请随时吩咐
All the trunks from that car there 那部车上全部的箱子
1 2 from here, and the safe... to the parlor suite, rooms B-52, 54, 56. 这部车有十二箱 还有保险箱 , 送到宫殿套房 B 5 2 到 5 6 号