BETTY: Shall I make some coffee, Jane? 我来煮点咖啡好吗,简?
JANE: That's a good idea, Betty. 这是个好主意,贝蒂。
BETTY: It's ready. Do you want any milk? 咖啡好了,你要放点奶吗?
JANE: Just a little, please. 请稍加一点。
BETTY: What about some sugar? Two teaspoonfuls? 加些糖怎么样?两茶匙行吗?
JANE: No, less than that. One and a half teaspoonfuls, please. That's enough for me. 不,再少一些。请放一勺儿半。 那对我已足够了。
JANE: That was very nice. 太好了。
BETTY: Would you like some more? 你再来点吗?
JANE: Yes, please. 好的,请再来一点。
JANE: I'd like a cigarette, too. May I have one? 我还想抽枝烟。可以给我一枝吗?
BETTY: Of course. I think there are a few in that box. 当然可以。我想那个盒子里有一些。
JANE: I'm afraid it's empty. 恐怕盒子是空的。
BETTY: What a pity! 真遗憾!
JANE: It doesn't matter. 没关系。
BETTY: Have a biscuit instead. Eat more and smoke less! 那就吃块饼干吧。多吃点,少抽点!
JANE: That's very good advice! 这是极好的忠告啊!
New Word and expressions 生词和短语
idea n. 主意
a little 少许(用于不可数名词之前)
teaspoonful n. 一满茶匙
less adj. (little 的比较级)较少的,更小的
a few 几个(用于可数名词之前)
pity n. 遗憾
instead adv. 代替
advice n. 建议,忠告