CUSTOMER: I bought two expensive dictionaries here half and hour ago, but I forgot to take them with me. 半小时以前我在这里买了两本很贵的辞典,但是我忘了拿走。
MANAGER: Who served you, sir? 是谁接待您的,先生?
CUSTOMER: The lady who is standing behind the counter. 站在柜台后面的那位女士。
MANAGER: Which books did you buy? 您买的是两本什么书?
CUSTOMER: The books which are on the counter. 就是柜台上的那两本。
MANAGER: Did you serve this gentleman half an hour ago, Caroline? He says he's the man who bought these books. 卡罗琳,半小时前你接待过这位先生吗?他说他就是买这两本书的人。
CUSTOMER: I can't remember. The man who I served was wearing a hat. 我记不起来了。我接待的那个人戴着一顶帽子。
MANAGER: Have you got a hat, sir? 先生,您有帽子吗?
CUSTOMER: Yes, I have. 有的,我有帽子。
MANAGER: Would you put it on, please? 请您把帽子戴上好吗?
CUSTOMER: All right. 好吧。
MANAGER: Is this the man that you served, Miss Roberts? 罗伯茨小姐, 这就是你接待过的那个人吗?
CUSTOMER: Yes. I recognize him now。 是他。我现在认出他来了。
New Word and expressions 生词和短语
customer n. 顾客
forget (forgot, forgotten)v. 忘记
manager n. 经理
serve v. 照应,服务,接待
counter n. 柜台
recognize v. 认出