纽约英语口语网新版
NCE英语-1
Lesson 125 Tea for two
两个人一起喝茶

SUSAN: Can't you come in and have tea now, Peter? 彼得,你现在能进来喝茶吗?

PETER: Not yet. Dear. I must water the garden first. 还不能, 亲爱的。我得先给花园浇水。

SUSAN: Do you have to water it now? 你一定得现在浇吗?

PETER: I'm afraid I must. Look at it! It's terribly dry. 恐怕我得现在浇。你看看,干得厉害。

SUSAN: What a nuisance! 真讨厌!

PETER: Last summer it was very dry, too. Don't you remember? I had to water it every day. 去年夏天也是干得很。你记得了吗?我不得不每天浇水。

SUSAN: Well, I'll have tea by myself. 好吧,我一个人喝茶了。

SUSAN: That was quick! Have you finished already? 好快啊!你已经浇完了?

PETER: Yes,Dear. Look out of the window. 是的,亲爱的。你看看窗外。

SUSAN: Good heavens ,It's raining! That means You needn't to water the garden. 我的天呀,下雨了,这就是就是说, 你不必给花园浇水了。

PERTR: That was a pleasant surprise. It means I can have tea, instead. 这是意想不能的好事。 这意味着我反倒可以喝茶了。


New Word and expressions 生词和短语

water v. 浇水

terribly adv. 非常

dry adj. 干燥的,干的

nuisance n. 讨厌的东西或人

mean (meant, meant) v. 意味着,意思是

surprise n. 惊奇,意外的事