KATE: Can you recognize that woman, Marry? 马莉,你能认出那个女人吗?
MARRY: I think I can, Kate. It must be Karen Marsh, the actress. 我想我认得出来,凯特。那一定是女演员卡.马会。
KATE: I though so. Who's that beside her? 我也这样想。她旁边的那个人是谁?
MARRY: That must be Conrad Reeves. 一定是康拉德 .里弗斯。
KATE: Conrad Reeves, the actor? It's can't be. Let me have another look. I think you're right! Isn't he her third husband? 康拉德 .里弗斯,那个男演员吗?不可能是。让我再看一看。 我想你是对的。他不是她的第3个丈夫吗?
MARRY: No. He must be her fourth or fifth. 不,他一定是她的第 4个或第5个丈夫。
KATE: Doesn't Karen Marsh look old! 卡伦看上去不显老嘛!
MARRY: She does, doesn't she! I read she's twenty-nine, but she must be at least forty.是的,谁说不是呢!我从报上看到她是29岁,但她一定至少有40岁了。
KATE: I'm sure she is. 我肯定她有40岁了。
MARRY: She was a famous actress When I was still a school girl. 当我还是学生时,她就是个著名的演员了。
KATE: That was a long time ago, wasn't it? 那是好久以前的事了。是吗?
MARRY: Not that long ago! I'm not more than twenty-nine myself. 不,没有那么久。我自己现在还没29岁呢。