FATHER: What are you going to do this evening. Betty? 今晚你打算干什么,贝蒂?
BETTY: I'm going to meet some friends. Dad. 我打算去看几个朋友,爸爸。
FATHER: You mustn't come home late. You must be home at half past ten. 你不准回家太晚,你必须在 10点半到家。
BETTY: I can't get home so early, Dad! 这么早我到不了家,爸爸!
BETTY: Can I have the key to the front door please? 我能带上前门的钥匙吗?
FATHER: No, you can't. 不行, 你不能带。
MOTHER: Betty's eighteen years old, Tom. She's not a baby. Give her the key. She always comes home early. 吉尔都 18岁了,汤姆。她不是小孩子了。把钥匙给她吧。她总早早回家的。
FATHER: Oh, all right! 那么,好吧!
FATHER: Here you are. But you mustn't come home after a quarter past eleven. Do you hear? 拿去。但你不能超过 11点1刻回家。听见了吗?
BETTY: Yes. Dad. 听见了,爸爸。
BETTY: Thanks, Mum. 谢谢,妈妈。
MOTHER: That's all right. Goodbye. Enjoy yourself! 不用谢。再见。好好玩吧!
BETTY: We always enjoy ourselves, Mum. Bye-bye. 我们总是玩得很开心的,妈妈。再见。
New Word and expressions 生词和短语
Dad n. 爸(儿语)
key n. 钥匙
baby n. 婴儿
hear v. 听见
enjoy v. 玩得快活
yourself rpon.你自己
ourselves pron.我们自己
mum n. 妈妈