JANE: What's Ron Marston like, Pauline? 波淋,朗.马顿是怎样一个人?
PAULINE: He's awful! He telephoned me four times yesterday, and three times the day before yesterday. 他讨厌透了!他昨天给我打了 4次电话前天打了3次。
PAULINE: He telephoned the office yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon.My boss answered the telephone. 他昨天上午和下午把电话打到了我的办公室,是我的老板接的。
JANE: What did your boss say to him? 你老板是怎么对他说的?
PAULINE: He said, "Pauline is typing typing letters. She can't speak to you now!" 他说:“波淋正在打信,她现在不能同你讲话!”
PAULINE: Then I arrived home at six o'clock yesterday evening. He telephoned again. But I didn't answer the phone! 后来,我昨晚 6点钟回到家里。他又打来电话,但我没接。
JANE: Did he telephone again last night? 他昨夜里又打电话了吗?
PAULINE: Yes, he did. He telephoned at nine o'clock. 是的,打了。他在 9点钟又打电话。
JANE: What did you say to him? 你对他怎么说的?
PAULINE: I said, 'This is Pauline's mother. Please don't telephone my daughter again!' 我说:“我是波淋的母亲。 请不要再给我女儿打电话了!”
JANE: Did he telephone again? 他又打了没有?
PAULINE: No, he didn't! 没有!
New Word and expressions 生词和短语
awful adj. 让人讨厌的,坏的
telephone v. & n. 打电话;电话
time n. 次(数)
answer v. 接(电话)
last adj. 最后的,前一次的
phone n. 电话(=telephone)
again adv. 又一次地
say (said/sed/) v. 说