MR. WOOD: Is my car ready yet? 我的汽车修好了吗?
ATTENDANT: I don't know. sir. What's the licence number of your car? 我不知道,先生。 您的汽车牌号是多少?
MR. WOOD: It's is LFG 312G. 是 LFG312G。
ATTENDANT: When did you bring it to us? 您什么时候送来的?
MR. WOOD: I brought it here three days ago. 3天前。
ATTENDANT: Ah, yes, I remember now. 啊,是的,我现在记起来了。
MR. WOOD: Have your mechanics finished yet? 你们的机械师修好了吗?
ATTENDANT: No, they're still working on it. Let's go into the garage and have a look at it. 没有,他们还在修呢。 我们到车库去看一下吧。
ATTENDANT: Isn't that your car? 这难道不是您的车吗?
MR. WOOD: Well, it was my car. 唔,这曾是我的车。
ATTENDANT: Didn't your wife have a crash? 难说您妻子没有出车祸吗?
MR. WOOD: That's right. She drove it into a lamp-post. Can your mechanics repair it? 是啊。她把汽车撞在电线杆上了。 你们的机械师能修好吗?
ATTENDANT: Well, they're trying to repair it, sir. But to tell you the truth. you need a new car! 啊,他们正设法修呢,先生。 不过说实在的,您需要一辆新车了。
New Word and expressions 生词和短语
attendant n. 接待员
bring(brought, brought)v. 带来,送来
garage n. 车库,汽车修理厂
crash n. 碰撞
lamp-post 灯杆
repair v. 修理
try v. 努力,设法