纽约英语口语网新版
NCE英语-2
Lesson 50 Taken for a ride
乘车兜风

I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way. 我喜欢在乡间旅行,但却不愿意迷路。

I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected. 最近我作了一次短途旅行,但这次旅行所花费的时间比我预计的要长。

'I'm going to Woodford Green,' I said to the conductor as I got on the bus, 'but I don't know where it is.' “我要去伍德福德草地,”我一上车就对售票员说,“但我不知道它在那儿。”

'I'll tell you where to get off.' answered the conductor. “我来告诉您在哪儿下车,”售票员回答说。

I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside. After some time, the bus stopped. Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus. 我坐在汽车的前部,以便饱览农村风光。过了一些时候,车停了。我环视了一下身旁,惊奇地发现车里就只剩我一个乘客了。

'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said. 'This is as far as we go.' “您得在这里下车,”售票员说,“我们的车就到此为止了。”

'Is this Woodford Green?' I asked. “这里是伍德福德草地吗?”我问道。

'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly. 'I forgot to put you off.' “哎呀,”售票员突然说,“我忘了让您下车了。”

'It doesn't matter,' I said. 'I'll get off here.' “没关系,”我说,“我就在这儿下吧。”

'We're going back now,' said the conductor. “我们现在要返回去,”售票员说。

'Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus,' I answered. “好吧,既然如此,我还是留在车上吧。”我回答说。


New words and expressions 生词和短语

ride n. 旅行

excursion n. 远足

conductor n. 售票员

view n. 景色