纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第 12 课:我才不要分心

Dave: Do you think maybe it would be better to just talk to Vince? Explain the situation? 你觉得去跟文斯说会不会好一点?解释这整个情况?

Zina: No way. I want the satisfaction of squishing this bug myself. Plus, what if it's Vince? 门都没有。我要自己享受压扁这只虫子的满足感。而且若文斯就是那小子怎么办?

Dave: I don't think so. Your admirer seems kind of sweet. Aren't you even a little curious about him? 不会吧。你那仰慕者似乎还蛮贴心的。难道你对他一点都不好奇?

Zina: He's just a distraction, like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I want no distractions. 他只会让人分心,就像耳边蚊子嗡嗡叫。我才不要分心。

Dave: A little distraction might do you some good, Zina. 稍微分点心或许对你有好处,吉娜。

Zina: Talk about distractions. Vince wants to see us all again this afternoon. 说到分心。文斯今天下午又要召见大家了。

Dave: Another pep talk? That'll make three this week. 又要来精神讲话吗?那就会是这个星期的第三次了。

Zina: He's worried that our team is going to tire out and that WebTracker is going to beat us. 他担心我们团队会气力放尽,而“网路搜寻家”会打败我们。

Dave: I don't blame him. People are starting to grumble about working twenty-four seven. 我不怪他。大家都在抱怨日夜无休地上班。

Zina: They need to suck it up. We're going to pull this off. I'll make sure of that. 他们得要含辛茹苦。我们会熬过去的。我一定会确保战果。