纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第 21 课: 你不打算想想办法吗?

Elvin: Aren't you going to do anything? You've got to get rid of her! 你不打算想想办法吗?你得把她给除掉!

Vince: I'm afraid that isn't possible. 这恐怕不可能。

Elvin: What are you talking about? Fire her! Tell her to hit the road! 你在说什么?开除她!叫她走路!

Vince: I can't do that. Zina has convinced our investors that she knows what's best for InfoKing. 我办不到。吉娜已经说服了我们的投资人说,她知道什么对“资讯王”最好。

Elvin: What? You mean to tell me that wacko is in charge now? How? 什么?你要告诉我现在是那个怪胎管事?怎么会?

Vince: I just talked with the venture capitalists. If we don't follow Zina's timeline, they'll pull the plug. 我才跟我们的投资方谈过。若我们不照吉娜的时间表进行,他们就撤资。

Elvin: Well, they're going to find out real soon that her timeline is impossible. 好啊,他们很快就会发现,她的时间表是不可能的。

Vince: Maybe not. Zina got Vikam to put up money for three new programmers. They start tomorrow. 或许不会。吉娜让“维康”出钱请了三个新的程序设计师。他们明天就开工。

Elvin: Are we just going to let her hijack the company? 我们就这样让她在公司夺权?

Vince: For now, Zina is calling the shots. 目前是由吉娜来发号施令。

Elvin: I can't believe this is happening. 我不相信有这种事。

Vince: Umm...You're still dripping blood on my desk. 嗯……你的血还在往我的桌上滴。