纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第 3 课:我要提供你认股权

Vince: I want to offer you more InfoKing stock options. 我要提供你资讯王的认股权。

Zina: When you hired me, you knew you were going to be low on cash, didn't you? 你在雇用我的当时,就知道你会缺现金,对吧?

Vince: Let me explain. To get more cash, I'll have to borrow more from Vikam, the venture capitalists. 容我解释。为了要有更多现金,我就得跟投资我们的维康创投借更多的钱。

Zina: I know how it works. You don't want to give away any more of your future profits than you have to. 我知道这种运作方式。除非万不得已,你不会想把更多未来的利润拱手让人。

Vince: Exactly. Instead of increasing their position, I want to increase yours. 正是。我不增加他们的股权,反倒要增加你的。

Zina: I'm not cheap. 我可不便宜。

Vince: I'm prepared to increase your stake to three percent. 我准备把你的股份增加至百分之三。

Zina: I've sold more subscriptions to InfoKing in one week than you expected me to sell in a month. 我一星期内所卖出资讯王的订阅数,就比你期望的月业绩要高了。

Vince: I know you're good, Zina. You know how much three percent could be worth, don't you? 我知道你很厉害,吉娜。你知道百分之三值多少钱,对吧?

Zina: Vince, I'm better than good. I'm the best. I want four percent. 文斯,我比厉害还要厉害。我是最棒的。我要百分之四。

Vince: Three-and-a-half. 百分之三点五。

Zina: Done. 成交。