OFFICE英语口语 第 32 课: 他不可能会跟你说的。 Dave: But how did you know I was working for WebTracker? 可是你怎知道我在替“网路搜寻家”工作?
Zina: When I was in LA, I met the WebTracker sales rep. 当我在洛城的时候,我跟“网路搜寻家”的业务代表碰过面。
Dave: He couldn't have told you. Only a few people at WebTracker know about me. 他不可能会跟你说的。“网路搜寻家”只有少数人知道我。
Zina: The sales rep had a green note pad just like yours. He said everybody at WebTracker used them. 那个业务代表用的绿色便利贴跟你的一样。他说“网路搜寻家”的人都用这种。
Dave: I can't believe it. I can't believe I fell into your trap. 不敢相信。我不相信自己掉进了你的陷阱。
Zina: We both may be snakes, Dave, but I'm just better at it. Among the snakes, I'm the sneakiest. 我们俩或许都是诈包,戴夫,但我的道行就是比较高。在诈包当中,我可是诈包冠军。
Mary: Is that you, Dave? Oh, my gosh! The backstabber who left us to work for the evil WebTracker! 是你吗,戴夫?天啊!背弃我们去帮万恶的“网路搜寻家”做事的阴险小人!
Dave: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hi, Mary. How are you? 对……嗨,玛莉。你好吗?
Mary: I'm filthy rich! Haven't you heard about the MicroPower deal? 我发财了!你没听说过“微力”的案子吗?
Dave: Yeah, I guess I did. They're going to buy InfoKing? 有,有听过吧。他们打算买下“资讯王”?
Mary: That's right. For seventy-five million. So how are you? 没错。七千五百万的高。那你好吗?
Dave: I'm getting by OK. I heard MicroPower was going to make Zina president of their new InfoKing Internet division. 还过得去。我听说“微力”将要让吉娜担任他们“资讯王”新网路分公司的总裁。