纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第 6 课: 你要知道动机何在吗?

Zina: Do you want to know what really motivates Vince to be nice to me?
你要知道文斯对我好的动机何在吗?

Dave: OK. What? 好啊。是什么?

Zina: It isn't gratitude. It's fear. Vince is afraid I'll jump to a competitor. 那不是感激。是恐惧。文斯怕我会跳出去帮竞争对手。

Dave: You wouldn't do that. Would you? 你不会这么做,对吧?

Zina: I might. Vince knows he needs to keep me happy. 我或许会喔。文斯知道他得让我保持快乐。

Dave: What about your accounts? 那你的客户呢?

Zina: My accounts go where I go. Vince knows that. 我到哪里,客户就跟到哪。文斯知道的。

Dave: Wow. You are a real snake. 哇。你真狡猾。

Zina: It's business, Dave. 这是生意经,戴夫。

Dave: I know, I know. Kill, or die, right? 我知道,我知道。不是杀人就是被杀,对吧?

Zina: Right. The faint of heart should not apply. 没错。绝对不可以显得胆小。

Dave: I really feel sorry for that rhumba boy if he ever identifies himself.
若那个伦巴男孩现身,我还真会替他感到难过。

Zina: So do I. 我也是。