纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第 8 课:集怪胎与朋克于一身

Dave: You don't know Elvin? Studly programmer numero uno? With the ponytail and nose ring? 你不认识艾文?那个头好壮壮,叫我第一名的程序设计师?绑马尾穿鼻环的那个?

Zina: Great. A geek and a punk all rolled into one. Just my type. 好极了。集怪胎与朋克于一身。正合我意。

Dave: You think he's the one? 你觉得那个人就是他?

Zina: Could be. He sounds like a prime suspect. 有可能。他听起来很像头号嫌疑犯。

Dave: What about your assistant? She was here looking for you just now.
那你的助理呢?她刚刚才来找过你。

Zina: Mary? Please, Dave. Anyway, I know it couldn't be her. She has a boyfriend. 玛莉?帮帮忙,戴夫。反正我知道不可能是她。她有男朋友了。

Dave: Yeah, but I bet he's nothing like you. 是啊,但我敢说他跟你可不一样。
Mary: Are you Elvin? 你是艾文吗?

Elvin: Elvin Dixon. Who are you? 艾文迪克森。你是谁?

Mary: I'm Mary. I want to say I really admire the software you're designed.
我是玛莉。我真的很欣赏你设计的软件。

Elvin: Easy stuff. But thanks. And the admiration is mutual. 简单的玩意。不过还是谢了。这份欣赏是彼此彼此。

Mary: It is? 真的?

Elvin: You're selling InfoKing subscriptions like nobody's business. And we don't even have a working demo yet. 你把“资讯王”的订阅卖得如入无人之境。 而我们甚至连能用的样品都还没着落呢。

Mary: I can't take the credit for that. I'm just Zina's assistant. She's the pro. 我不敢居功。我只是吉娜的助手。她才是高手。