纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 21 课: And they fought the invaders? 他们抵抗入侵者?

B: And they fought the invaders? 他们抵抗入侵者?

A: They stole money from the invaders to give back to the poor families. 他们偷入侵者的钱,还给贫穷的家庭。

B: Awesome! 太好了!

A: And the name supposedly came about when a man tried to avenge his daughter. He and a band of men took to the streets yelling, Ma fia! 而这名字应该是源自于当一个男人企图为她女儿报仇。他跟一群人走上街头大喊,Ma fia!

B: My daughter! 我的女儿!

A: The Mafia began as a counter-attack against persecution. 黑手党最初是抵抗迫害的反攻团体。

B: That's fascinating. I bet few people realize the truth. 真是精彩。我相信很少人知道这史实。

Mom: Lily! Why aren't you up and ready for school? 莉莉!怎么还不起床准备上学?

Lily: I don't feel so good, Mom. 妈,我不舒服。

Mom: Lily, if you're acting sick just because you want to play hooky... 莉莉,如果你为了想逃课而装病……

Lily: [Coughing] No, Mom. I'm really sick. (咳嗽)不是,妈。我真的病了。

Mom: Oh, that's a nasty cough. Let me feel your head. [feels her forehead] You're on fire! 喔,咳得蛮严重的。我摸摸你的头。(摸她的额头)你好烫!