纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 31 课: Is it vegan?是素的吗?

Ocean: What's in the “California-style Thai salad”? ‘加州泰式色拉’有什么?

Waiter: We use mung bean noodles, as in Thailand, but we add special herbs grown in our back garden. And, yes, they're organic, sir. 我们用冬粉,跟泰国一样,但我们会加上我们后院生长的特别草药。而且,没错,他们是有机的,先生。

Ocean: Is it vegan? I don't eat any animal products. 是素的吗?我不吃荤的产品。

Waiter: No, sir. There are baby shrimp mixed in, and only the finest fish sauce is used as a seasoning. 不是,先生。会混一点虾米,而且会加上最高级的鱼露来调味。

Ocean: Perhaps you could hold the shrimp and use soy sauce instead? 也许你可以不加虾子,然后用酱油代替吗?

Trev: Yes! We're back in my home country! Now I can eat real food. 太棒了!我们回到我的祖国了!现在能吃点象样的食物了。

Paul: I wonder if they have poutine here. 不晓得他们这里有没有加拿大薯条?

Paul: So what do you suggest I order? 那你建议我点什么?

Trev: Try the double cheeseburger with bacon on top. 试试看双层奶酪堡覆上熏肉啰。

Paul: Eating too many of those will make you obese. 那种东西吃太多会让你肥过头的。

Trev: That's right. Check this bad boy out! [pulls out stomach and slaps it] 没错。你看!(亮出他的肚子,拍打它)