纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 32 课: Are you guys on a road trip? 你们是在公路旅行啊?

Wei: I'm getting chili-cheese fries. 我要加墨西哥辣豆酱和奶酪的薯条。

Trev: Good choice. Can I have some of yours? 选得好。我可不可以尝一点呢?

Wei: Sure. But only if you put your stomach back in your shirt. 当然。但条件是把你的肚子放回上衣里。

Trev: Sure thing. Hey, Wei, did you know these drive-in restaurants used to be all over the country? 没问题。嘿,小薇,你知道从前全国到处都是这种停车场餐厅吗?

Wei: Really? They're great. I love how they put our meal trays on the car window. 真的?这种餐厅很棒。我喜欢他们将餐盘放在车窗上的做法。

Trev: Right. We don't even have to get out of the car. 没错。我们甚至不必下车。

Wei: Perfect. This way you won't hurt yourself. (Trev laughs) 太完美了!这样一来你才不会伤到自己。(崔佛笑)

Owner: May I take your order, please? 请问我可以替各位点菜了吗?

Paul: Sure. I'll have a chicken sandwich. He'll have a double cheeseburger with bacon. And she'll have chili-cheese fries. 好。我要一个鸡肉三明治。他要一个双层奶酪堡加熏肉。然后她要一份墨西哥辣豆酱奶酪薯条。

Owner: Would you like anything to drink with that? 你们要配什么饮料吗?

Paul: I think three fountain cokes will be alright. 我想三杯可乐就可以了。

Owner: Are you guys on a road trip? 你们是在公路旅行啊?

Paul: Yeah. We're on our way to Las Vegas. 对啊。我们在往拉斯维加斯的路上。

Owner: Gonna go lose your shirt, eh? 要输到脱裤子,是吧?

Paul: No way. We're off to strike it rich. 门都没有。我们要去大捞一笔。