纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 33 课: I'll give you one hundred dollars for it. 我出一百元跟你买。

Owner: Hey, is that a vintage clock in your car? 嘿,在你车里的是一个古董钟吗?

Wei: Yes, it is. I bought it at a flea market in Canada. 对,是啊。我在加拿大一个跳蚤市场里买的。

Owner: It'd be perfect in my restaurant. You wouldn't be willing to sell it, would you? 它若能摆在我店里就太完美了。你大概不打算把它卖掉,对吧?

Wei: I don't know. I got it for my mother. 我不知道。我是买给我妈妈的。

Owner: I'll give you one hundred dollars for it. 我出一百元跟你买。

Wei: Wow! But why do you want it so much? 哇!但为什么你这么想要它?

Owner: It's vintage. It'd complete this place. 它是古董。它将使这里更完美。

Wei: Well. This is a nice restaurant. And it does fit. Well, OK. 呃。这是家好餐厅。而且它的确很适合摆在这里。呃,好吧。

Owner: That's great. I really appreciate it. 太棒了!我真是太感激了。

Paul: Do we have to listen to Elvis all the time? 我们非得老是听猫王吗?

Trev: I bet Elvis used to go to drive-ins like this. 我敢说猫王以前一定有去过像这样的停车场餐厅。

Paul: I think I sense a song coming on. 我觉得又有人要开始唱歌了。

Trev: You know it! I'm in the mood to dance and sing like Elvis. 你真是未卜先知!我正想要学猫王唱歌跳舞。

Paul: OK. I'm going to go hide. 好吧,我要去躲起来了。

Trev: "I say, a-hunk a-hunk o' burnin' love." ‘我说,一把熊熊的爱之火。’

Paul: We should have never let him buy those Elvis records. 我们真不该让他买那些猫王唱片。