纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 34 课: Everybody's looking at him strangely. 大家都奇怪地看着他。

Wei: Everybody's looking at him strangely. 大家都奇怪地看着他。

Paul: As long as he doesn't want me to dance, it's all good. 只要他不要我去跳舞,都没关系。

Wei: Uh oh. He's dancing too close to the owner's new clock. 糟了。他跳舞跳得太靠近老板买的新时钟。

Paul: Oh, no! He knocked it over. 糟糕!他把它打翻了。

Wei: It's broken. Quick! Let's hide. 它坏掉了。快!咱们快躲起来。

Paul: The boss already gave you the money. 老板已经把钱给你了!

Wei: Should we help Trev out? 我们该不该帮崔佛解围?

Paul: Well... he has been singing for the last thousand miles. Let's let him suffer. 呃……他之前的一千里路都在唱歌。我们就让他吃点苦头吧。

Trev: I'm really sorry. I accidentally broke your clock. 我真的很抱歉。我不小心弄坏你的钟。

Owner: How'd you do that? 你怎么会这样?

Trev: Well, I was dancing and singing, and one thing led to another, and, well, you know... 呃,我在唱歌跳舞,然后接二连三的,嗯,呃,你知道的……

Owner: You'll need to pay for it. 你得赔偿。

Trev: Well, I...I spent all my money on those old Elvis records. 呃,我……我把所有的钱都花在买猫王的旧唱片了。

Owner: Elvis, you say? I'm a big Elvis fan. 你是说,猫王?我是猫王的超级歌迷。

Trev: Me, too. That's what I was singing. 我也是。我就是在唱他的歌。

Owner: Well, those records might make up for the clock. 呃,那些唱片也许可以拿来赔那座钟 。