纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 37 课: I do try hard! 我真的有努力!

Mom: Have you been studying hard, son? 儿子,你有用功读书吗?

Junior: Yeah, sometimes. 有啊,有时候有。

Mom: I find that hard to believe. What do I hear coming from your room every night? 我觉得很难相信。我每天晚上听到你房间传出来的,是什么声音?

Junior: Usually I'm playing comp's mean...usually I'm studying. 我通常是在打电——我是说……我通常是在念书。

Mom: Junior, it's OK if your grades are not always perfect. We can accept that. 小约翰尼,你的成绩没有一直名列前矛无所谓。我们可以接受。

Junior: Then it's OK to have bad grades sometimes, right? 所以偶尔成绩不好无所谓,对不对?

Mom: No! Absolutely not! We can not accept that you don't try your best. 不对!绝对不可以!我们不能接受你没有尽全力。

Junior: I do try hard! 我真的有努力!

Dad: Son, you're not being honest. Until we see an improvement, you're grounded. 儿子,你并没有诚实。在看到你有所改进之前,你被禁足了。

Junior: Grounded? Oh, Dad! No! I need to go to Hank's tonight. 被禁足?喔,爸!不行啦!我今天晚上要去汉克家。

Dad: Junior, you need to make some changes. 小约翰尼,你需要做些改变。

Junior: OK, fine! I don't care, anyway. 好,随便!反正我无所谓。

Dad: When we see a better effort from you, the grounding will end. Until then, you'll stay at home. 当我们看到你更加努力时,就不会再有禁足了。在那之前,你要待在家里。