纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 38 课: It's too noisy in there. 那里太吵了。

Mom: Junior, we'd like you to start studying in the living room from now on. 小约翰尼,我们希望你从现在开始在客厅念书。

Junior: It's too noisy in there. 那里太吵了。

Mom: Don't worry. We'll make sure the house is quiet when you study. 别担心。你念书的时候,我们一定会让屋里静悄悄的。

Junior: I like my room better when I have to study stuff. 我念书时比较喜欢我的房间。

Mom: You have to prove to us that you are big enough to study by yourself. 你必须向我们证明你已经大到可以自己念书了。

Junior: Aw, Mom! 喔,妈!

Mom: If you start getting “A's”, you can study in your room again. And “B's” will end your grounding. 等你开始拿A,你就可以再回自己房间念书。拿B你就不必被禁足。

Junior: Awww! It's too difficult for me to get “B's”! 哇!要我得B太难了啦!

Dad: You have to put your mind to it. Your mother and I can help you when things are difficult. 你必须专心一致。有困难的时候,你妈妈和我会帮你。

Junior: But I don't like studying. It's boring! 但我不喜欢读书。好无聊!

Dad: Junior, everyone goes through this. 小约翰尼,大家都经历过这一关。

Junior: You guys don't study! 你们又不用念书!

Dad: Are you kidding? We did the exact same thing as you when we were your age. 开什么玩笑?我们跟你一样大时,也要做一模一样的事。