纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 40 课: Have you finished your homework yet? 功课做完了吗?

Junior: Mom, can I go to Robby's home after dinner? 妈,我晚餐之后可以去罗比家吗?

Mom: Have you finished your homework yet? 功课做完了吗?

Junior: Oh, Mom! Not yet. 喔,妈!还没。

Mom: What do you think I'm going to say? 你认为我会说什么?

Junior: "You have to finish your homework first before you go out to play." '你出去玩之前,要先做完功课。'

Mom: I couldn't have put it better myself! Now hit those books. 我自己都没办法说得比你好!现在去用功吧。

Dad: How's the homework coming along, son? 功课做得如何,儿子?

Junior: It's OK, Dad. But sometimes it's really tiring to finish all my work. 还不错,爸。但有时候要做完所有的功课好累喔。

Dad: Welcome to the real world, son. 欢迎来到现实世界,儿子。

Junior: What do you mean by that, Dad? 那是什么意思,爸?

Dad: Well, as the old saying goes, "Work before play." That will never change
throughout your life. 嗯,俗话说得好'先苦后乐。'这个道理跟着你一辈子都不会改变。

Junior: I'm starting to get the idea. 我开始了解了。