纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 54 课: You mean it shuts off to save energy? 你是说它会关电来节省能源?

B: You mean it shuts off to save energy? 你是说它会关电来节省能源?

A: Yep. And it breathes, see! 对。而且它还会呼吸,看!

B: It's not breathing! 它才没有在呼吸!

A: Yes, it is. Look at the little light! It blinks off and on. 有。你看这小灯!一闪一闪的。

B: Jen, it's not alive...but it does look user-friendly. 阿花,这不是活的……不过看来倒是很人性化。

A: I would look so cool carrying this around! [picking it up] 带着这个逛大街一定很酷!(提起了计算机)

B: And you'd look so cool...DROPPING IT! 你真是酷到……掉地上了!

A: Ahhhhh! 哎哟!

A: What in the world is that smell? 那是啥味道?

B: The aroma of roasting coffee beans. 烘焙咖啡豆的香味。

A: Smells like you're baking something. What are those? 闻味道还以为是你在烤什么东西吃。这些是啥?

B: Green beans. They pop and turn brown when you roast them. 生咖啡豆。当你烘焙它们的时候,它们就会爆开,并转成棕色。

A: Cool! But isn't that a hot air popcorn popper? 酷!但那不是一台爆米花机吗?

B: This machine roasts the beans just right. If you roast them too long, or the
temperature is too hot... 用这机器来烘焙咖啡豆正好。要是烘焙过久,或是温度太高……

A: The beans will burn. I know. I've tasted burnt coffee before...yuck! 那么咖啡豆就会焦掉。我知道。我有喝过煮焦的咖啡……好难吃!