皇后英语口语第 55 课: You bought a compact car? 你买了辆小汽车? B: A woman after my own heart... 这姑娘真是深得我心……
A: OK, Mr. Coffee Connoisseur, so what's the next step in the coffee-making process? 好了。咖啡鉴赏家先生,那么煮咖啡的下个步骤是什么?
B: Well, step two is grinding the coffee beans. I've roasted three different types of beans. 这个嘛,步骤二是研磨咖啡豆。我烘焙了三种不同的豆子。
A: Let me guess, Mocha, Mandheling, and Santos! 我来猜猜,摩卡、曼特宁,还有三度士!
B: Yep, my own special blend! You can tell by just smelling them? 对,这是我独门的混合法!你光用闻的就知道?
A: No, I just read the names off the packages...Ha! 不,我只是照着包装上的字念……哈!
B: Check out these wheels! 你看我这辆四轮宝贝!
A: You bought a compact car? 你买了辆小汽车?
B: No, I borrowed it. 不,我借的。
A: Let me guess, from Sarah. It looks like something she would drive. 我猜你是跟莎拉借的。这看起来像是她会开的车。
B: You guessed right. Besides, the color violet is a little girly for me... 你猜对了。而且这个紫萝兰色对我而言稍嫌女孩子气了些……
A: I love it. It's so festive! And where did you get that cup? It's got the same logo as the car. 我爱这颜色。很有过节的气氛!还有你那杯子是哪儿来的?它跟车子的商标一样。