纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 64 课: Let's get some grub! 我们来吃点东西吧!

Billy: I'm famished! Let's get some grub! 我饿昏了!我们来吃点东西吧!

Jennifer: I'm in the mood for some chips and salsa. 我想吃点脆片配辣酱。

Billy: Me, too! The chips here are so light and crispy. 我也是!这里的脆片又薄又脆。

Jennifer: And they have tangy, freshly-made salsa, too. My mouth is watering already! 而且他们还有香辣的现做辣酱。我已经在流口水了!

Billy: I'll go get the chips. What do you want to drink? 我去买脆片。你要喝什么?

Jennifer: Surprise me. 给我点惊喜吧。

Billy: You'll love this. It's a chick drink.你会喜欢的。这是给女人家喝的。

Jennifer: What's that supposed to mean--that it's weak?什么意思——酒精浓度很低吗?

Billy: Well, that too. I mean that it's kind of sweet. See if you can guess what's in it. 呃,也是啦。我是说它有些甜。看你能不能猜出里头加了些什么?

Jennifer: Mmmmmm!!! Beer, tequila, and...lime! 呣!啤酒、龙舌兰酒还有……莱姆汁!

Billy: Not bad. You really know your booze...So I guess you know what's in the salsa, too? 不坏嘛。你对酒还真有两把刷子……我猜你也知道辣酱里有什么啰?

Jennifer: Fresh tomatoes, green and white onions... 新鲜西红柿,青葱和白洋葱……

Billy: Don't tell me you're a salsa expert, too! 你该不会也是辣酱专家!