纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 73 课: I can't even imagine you snorkeling! 我连你浮浅都觉得不可思议!

Jennifer: I can't even imagine you snorkeling! 我连你浮浅都觉得不可思议!

Billy: Well, you'll see. With this new watch, I can go anywhere, do anything. 你等着看吧。有了这只表,我想去哪儿干嘛都可以。

Jennifer: OK, BOND. 好,詹姆斯邦德(经典好莱坞巨片007系列主角)。

Billy: No, really. Look. It's got a double time zone setting. 不,我是说真的。看,它还有双时区的设定。

Jennifer: So you can always keep two times at once? 那你一直能同时知道两地的时间?

Billy: Yep. I just can't decide what two cities to choose... 对。只是我决定不了该选哪两个城市……

Jennifer: The only two times you need are "I'm late" and "I'm really late." 你唯一需要的两个时间就是“我迟到了”还有“我迟到很久”。

Billy: You're so witty... 你真是字字珠玑啊……

Jennifer: So why is the face tilted to the right? 这个表面怎么歪向右边啊?

Billy: This watch is supposed to be worn on your left hand. 这只表本来说是让你戴左手的。

Jennifer: So it's not as convenient for left-handed people? 那这对于左撇子就没那么方便了?

Billy: It's better for right-handed people like me. See, I don't even have to move my arm to see the time. 给我这种用右手的人就比较好用。你瞧,我要看时间,就连手都不用转。

Jennifer: I'm left-handed. You bought that watch so that I won't borrow it... 我是左撇子。你买那只表是为了不让我借……

Billy: Bingo! 答对了!