纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 76 课: You might make a few enemies this way. 你这样乱来可能会树敌喔。

Jennifer: Yeah. Just pull on this strip. Then peel off the back. 会。就抽这条带子。再把后面撕掉。

Billy: You might make a few enemies this way. 你这样乱来可能会树敌喔。

Jennifer: If they don't think this is fun, they're not meant to be our friends. 要是他们不觉得这有趣,他们就无缘做我们的朋友。

Billy: You mean your friends. I think it's cruel. 你是说你自己的朋友。我觉得这很残忍。

Jennifer: Yeah. But it's fun. Look at those two ugly old ladies...or are they men? 对啊。可是很好玩。你看那两个丑婆婆……或者是伯伯?

Billy: Hurry! Get a shot!...Hand it over! 快点!拍一张!……把相机给我!

Jennifer: I knew you'd come around... 我就知道你会弃暗投明……

Jennifer: Are you making what I think you're making? 你真的在做我想的那样东西吗?

Billy: Nothing but the best: Cinnamon toast. 正是无与伦比的:肉桂吐司。

Jennifer: What a nostalgic food! 真是怀念的味道!

Billy: Why the drama? Have you been watching soap operas? 干嘛这么戏剧化?你刚看完连续剧吗?

Jennifer: No. Just the smell of bread toasting to a perfect golden brown... 没有啊。只是面包烤得黄橙橙的味道……

Billy: Brings back memories? 勾起你的回忆?

Jennifer: Yes. Of my mother standing in the kitchen and me doing my homework before school... 对。想起我妈在厨房里忙,而我在那里早自习……

Billy: How sweet...if you make me some more toast, I'll let you use my new retro toaster... 真是甜蜜的家庭……你帮我弄些吐司,我就让你用我的复古造型烤面包机……

Jennifer: OK! I'll show you how my mom did it. 没问题!让你瞧瞧我妈妈的做法。

Billy: Isn't the shape cool? 这造型很酷吧?

Jennifer: Yeah, and it's bigger than ours was. 对啊,也比我们以前那台烤面包机大些。

Billy: Hey! What's that smell? Are you burning the toast? 嘿!那是什么味道?你把吐司烤焦啦?