第 79 课: Please don't tell me you bought it. 请别告诉我你买了。
Mary: I have something really cool to tell you about! Do you know anything about online auctions? 我有件很酷的事要告诉你!你知道网络竞标是什么东东吗?
Joe: Not really. 不是很了解。
Mary: They're awesome! I was browsing through the eBay auction today, and I found the cutest fat little copper Buddha! It's over a hundred years old. 那很炫喔!我今天在eBay竞标网上浏览,发现一尊好可爱的铜制胖佛像。历史超过一百年了!
Joe: Please don't tell me you bought it. 请别告诉我你买了。
Mary: Why not? 为什么不能买?
Joe: If you did, you probably got ripped off. 果真如此,你的钱可能会被盗用。
Mary: Oh, please! Don't be so old-fashioned! It's totally safe. 喔,拜托!别这么老古板嘛!这绝对安全的。
Joe: I sure hope you didn't trust anyone with your credit card number. 你可别轻信他人,随便就把信用卡号给了出去。
Mary: All I did so far was make a bid on the Buddha. It was easy! 我到目前只是在这佛像上出价而已。很简单的!
Joe: Easy? Ha!! It was easy for them to cheat you!! 简单?哈!!他们骗你上当才叫简单呢!!
Mary: Oh, come on! I just gave them my e-mail, my address and my phone number. And my name, of course. 喔,拜托!我只给了电子邮件地址、我家住址和电话而已!当然,还有我的名字。
Joe: How much did you bid? 你标多少?
Mary: Eighty-five dollars. If my bid is the highest after three more days, I win! It's fun! 八十五块美金。若三天后仍旧是我的标价最高,我就赢啦!很好玩的。
Joe: We'll see how much fun it is after they take all your money!! 等你被骗个精光,我们就知道有多好玩!!
Mary: But they won't! I checked the seller's history, and he got good reviews from other buyers. 不会的!我查过卖家的记录,其它买家对他过去的评价都不错。
Joe: What if he had his friends fake the reviews? 万一他和他的朋友一起捏造那份评价呢?
Mary: You are so paranoid! Not everybody is a crook, you know. 你很多疑耶!你也知道不是每个人都是骗子。