纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 8 课: I'm going up there again! 我要再上去一趟!

A: Maybe we should! Look on the balcony! (滴水的声音)也许我们是该搬家了!你看阳台!

B: Oh, no! My clothes! 喔,糟糕!我的衣服!

A: She always over-waters her plants! She's getting water everywhere! And soil! My white button-downs! 她浇花老是浇太多水!她把水搞得到处都是!土也冲下来了!我的白衬衫!

B: And those clothes were already dry. Now they're soaked! 而且那些衣服原本已经干了。现在又湿了!

A: I'm going up there again! 我要再上去一趟!

B: No, Gill. I'll go. You'll just cause more problems with that temper of yours. 不,吉尔。让我去。你的坏脾气会扯出更多问题。

A: Fine. But your housewife diplomacy won't get us anywhere. 好。不过你那套主妇外交,是起不了什么作用的。

D: Hi, Beth! Come in! 嗨,贝丝!快进来!

B: Hi! Still working on the house? You must be exhausted. What a mess! 嗨!房子还在装修吗?你一定累坏了。好乱啊!

D: I know, but when it's all done, it will be so worth it. Oh, watch your step! 我知道,不过等一切完成后,这些都是值得的。喔,小心别绊倒!

B: Mrs. Wang, there's something I wanted to ask you. 王太太,我想拜托你一件事。

D: Don't worry. Only a few more Sundays and we should be done... 别担心。只要再几个星期天,我们就可以完工了……

B: Actually, I wanted to ask if...when you water your plants, could you be a little more careful about how much water you use? . 其实我是想拜托你——当你在浇花时,你可否多注意一下使用的水量?