纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 80 课: I think you're being a little naive. 我想你有点天真吧。

Joe: I think you're being a little naive. 我想你有点天真吧。

Mary: If I want, I can protect myself by paying through an escrow account, which holds the money until I receive the item. 如果我愿意,可以透过第三者委付账户付款来保护自己,这样就能等收货后再付钱。

Joe: That proves my point! Protect yourself or you'll get burned. 这就证明我说的!不保护自己就等着遭殃。

Mary: eBay also offers free insurance. You can get a refund of up to $200 if you're not satisfied with your purchase. eBay还提供免费的保险呢。若不满意买的东西,最多能够得到两百元美金的退款。

Joe: $200? If they get a hold of your credit card number, you're going to be out a lot more than $200! I had a friend who... 两百元美金?如果有人取得你的信用卡号,损失的可远超过两百元呢!我就有一个朋友,她…

Mary: Who got ripped off? 她的钱被骗啦?

Joe: Big time! A hacker broke into the company's files and got all her personal
information. You really think it's completely safe? 不只呢!有个黑客侵入了网络公司的计算机档案,取得她全部的个人数据。你真的觉得这种交易方式十分安全吗?

Mary: Well, maybe not 100 percent. I did hear about some tricks people use. 嗯,或许不是百分之百。我的确也听说一些人的小手段。

Joe: Now we're getting to the truth. 事实越来越明显了。

Mary: There are shills. A shill is someone who bids up the price of their own sale. 有些人是炒手。炒手就是那种把自己拍卖的东西价钱哄抬炒高的人。

Joe: See? And I bet that's easy to do online. Everybody's anonymous. 看到没?我敢赌这在网络上做有多容易。每个人都是匿名的。

Mary: I'm more worried about snipers. 我倒比较担心偷袭者。

Joe: Snipers? 偷袭者?

Mary: Sniping is when someone makes a bid at the very last minute to steal something for a bargain price. 偷袭’就是当有人快要标到某样东西的最后一刻,跑进去抢标。

Joe: So you're afraid someone is going to snipe your Buddha? 所以你怕有人会偷袭你的佛像?

Mary: I heard about a software program called TurboBid. It automatically submits a bid with just a few seconds to go in an auction. 我还听说有一种叫做‘特棒标’的软件。这软件会在结标前几秒自动抢标。

Joe: Count me out. I can do without shills and snipers and turbo-bidders. 我没兴趣。我的日子没有炒手、偷袭者和特棒标的使用者照样过得好好的。