纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 82 课: Mary? Are you still there? 玛丽?你还在吗?

Joe: Mary? Are you still there? 玛丽?你还在吗?

Mary: Yes. What do you want? 是啊。你想怎样?

Joe: Did your bid win? 你的竞标赢了吗?

Mary: What do you care, dork? 你会在乎吗?笨蛋!

Joe: Hey! I'm trying to be nice, and you still want to fight! Did you get the statue or not? 嘿!我在努力示好,但你还是想吵架!你到底拿到那个佛像没?

Mary: You mean fat boy? 你指肥男吗?

Joe: Sorry. I take that back. I mean the copper Buddha you wanted. 对不起。我收回那两个字。我是指你想要的那尊铜制佛像。

Mary: Three other people started to bid. One called himself "Buddhabuyer", so I knew he meant business. I raised my bid twice, but it kept going up. 有三个人开始抢标。一个人还自称是‘佛像买家’,所以我知道他是认真的。我提高了标价两次,但价钱越来越高。

Joe: How high did the price go? 价钱飙到多高?

Mary: I don't know. I dropped out at $250. 我不知道。我出到两百五十元后就放弃了。

Joe: You didn't watch the end of the auction? 你没看最后标价?

Mary: No. It wasn't the super bargain I thought it was. 没有。这跟我原本以为的物美价廉完全不同。

Joe: Maybe you'll get another chance at the statue. 或许你还有别的机会得到这尊佛像。

Mary: I don't think so. Did you ever go and look at your stamp? 我不这么认为。那你有去看看你的邮票吗?

Joe: And let them ruin my life? Forget it! 然后让他们毁了我的生活吗?算了吧!

Mary: But you've been looking for that stamp for years. 但是你已经找那邮票好几年了。

Joe: It's not worth it. Besides, I have to save up to pay for some bills. 不值得的。此外,我还得存钱去付一些账单。

Mary: Bummer. I guess we're both out of luck. 真衰。我想我俩都与幸运无缘。

Joe: Yeah. Well, I'll see you this weekend. 是啊。那么我们就周末见了。