纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 86 课: What's this on his back? 他背上的是什么东西啊?

Billy: That's because you're too busy shopping. 那是因为你太忙着去购物啦!

Jennifer: You got me there. So let me see him...he looks like a little Eskimo. 被你说中了。让我看一下……他看起来像个小爱斯基摩人。

Billy: Would an Eskimo wear a bright orange parka? I don't think so. 爱斯基摩人会穿鲜橘色的连帽大衣吗?我可不这么认为喔。

Jennifer: What's this on his back? 他背上的是什么东西啊?

Billy: It's a cell phone holder. See, it's got a shoulder strap. 那是手机袋。瞧,它还有条肩带呢。

Jennifer: You can keep your cell phone warm! How sweet! But why are his eyes so big? 这样你就可以为手机保暖了!好贴心喔!但他的眼睛干嘛睁这么大?

Billy: All the better to glare at you with! 这样才好瞪着你啊!

Jennifer: You make him sound so mean. He looks so innocent. 你让他听起来挺不怀好意的。他看起来很天真无邪呢。

Billy: He's not innocent. He's vulgar. 他才不天真无邪。他很贱的。

Jennifer: How could such an adorable character be vulgar? 这样一个惹人怜爱的东西怎么会很贱?

Billy: Press his stomach and find out. [Jennifer presses the doll's stomach] 按下他的肚子就知道了。(珍妮花按下娃娃的肚子)

Jennifer: Oh, my god! He's cursing! This is funny! 喔,我的天啊!他在骂脏话!好有趣!

Billy: Yeah, but it wasn't funny when I accidentally pressed it while on my date last night... 是啊,但在我昨晚约会不小心按到时,可就一点都不有趣了……