纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 87 课: What concoction are you making? 你在搞啥米碗糕?

Billy: Anyone home? Jen! 有人在吗?阿花!

Jennifer: I'm in the kitchen...let yourself in! 我在厨房……自己进来吧!

Billy: Wow! You're really working up a storm! 哇!你看起来真是忙!

Jennifer: I know. I've even worked up a sweat. 我知道。我已忙得满头大汗了!

Billy: You look like a cooking show host--only messier. 你看起来像烹饪节目的主持人——不过是手忙脚乱的那种。

Jennifer: Hey! A real cook gets down and dirty. Besides, I think I look good covered in baking mix... 嘿!真正的大厨就是如此全心投入,不拘小节。而且,我浑身松饼粉时似乎挺美的……

Billy: What concoction are you making? 你在搞啥米碗糕?

Jennifer: Well, your making cinnamon toast inspired me to go out and buy a waffle maker. 你做的肉桂吐司激发我去买了一台松饼机。

Billy: Awesome! I'm in heaven. Let me help. They're so easy. 太棒了!我简直是到了天堂。让我来帮忙。这很简单。

Jennifer: I know. You just add milk, eggs and a little oil to the baking mix and
stir... 我知道。只要把牛奶、蛋还有少许油加到松饼粉里然后搅拌……

Billy: And then you just pour the batter into the waffle iron... 接着就把面糊倒进松饼机……