纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 88 课: Ma'am, patience is a virtue. 太太,耐心是一种美德。

Elaine: Excuse me! I don't have time to waste. I've been here almost one full hour! 不好意思!我没时间在这儿耗了。我已在这 里快整整一个小时了!

Mark: Sorry, ma'am. You have to wait your turn. The parking lot is full. 真抱歉,太太。您必须等轮到您才行。停车场已经满了。

Elaine: Unbelievable! Parking in this city is such a nightmare! 真不敢相信!在这城市里停车真像场恶梦!

Mark: Ma'am, patience is a virtue. 太太,耐心是一种美德。

Elaine: [To herself] Oh, gosh! I have to go to the restroom so bad! I can't bear it anymore! (自言自语)喔,天啊!我实在是想上厕所想疯了!我再也忍不住了!

Mark: I'm sure a spot will open up soon. 我相信很快就有车位会空出来了。

Elaine: Oh, look! There's a spot open next to the public restroom! Can I take it? 喔,快看!公共厕所旁边有一个空位!我可以停那里吗?

Mark: No-no-no, sorry! That's a handicapped parking space. Are you handicapped? 不,不,不,很抱歉!那是残障停车位。您是残障人士吗?

Elaine: No, but this is an emergency! Please! 不是,但这是紧急状况!拜——托啦!

Mark: Sorry, but you'll have to park in a normal space. 对不起,但您必须停在一般停车位才行。

Elaine: OK, OK, fine! Just open the gate! 好,好,太好了!赶快把栅门打开!

Mark: Be patient, miss. It'll just be a second. 有耐心点,小姐。只要再等一下下。

Elaine: Thank god! A car's leaving. It's my turn! 谢天谢地!有车离开了。轮到我啦!