Paul: Toronto's Chinese population is larger and wealthier than ever. There's even a new Asian shopping mall there now. 多伦多的华人更多,而且比从前更有钱。那里现在甚至有个新的亚洲购物中心。
Wei: We Chinese do like to shop! 我们华人真爱购物!
Paul: And Chinese is now the third most widely-spoken language in Canada. 而且华语现在是加拿大第三常用的语言。
Wei: I'm not surprised! Hey, that sign just said six hundred k's to Montreal! That's far! 我不会太讶异!嘿,那个标志说还要六百公里才会到蒙特娄!好远!
Paul: About six hours or so. Canadians are used to long road trips...they're really fun and relaxing! 大概六小时上下。加拿大人已经很习惯长程公路旅游了……真是既有趣又轻松!
Trev: Hey! Let's stop! Look at that huuuuge sign..."The Beer Store." 嘿!停车好不好!看那个超大标志…… ‘啤酒店’。
Paul: Can you guess what they sell there? Another proud Canadian icon. 你猜得到他们卖什么吗?这是另一个值得骄傲的加拿大象征。
Trev: Let's pull into that parking spot and check it out! 我们开进那个停车位,进去瞧一瞧吧!
Paul: Said and done. 你怎么说,我就怎么做。
Trev: [They all enter the store] Brrr. It's cold in here...Wow! This is like heaven. All I can see are boxes of brewskies! (全部进入店里)唷。这里面好冷哦……哇!简直是个天堂。放眼望去全是一箱箱的啤酒!
Paul: In Ontario, this is only one of two places you can buy beer besides in bars and restaurants. 在安大略省,除了酒吧和餐厅之外,你只能在两种地方买到酒,这里是其中之一。
Trev: Look at all the different beers from different countries! 看这各式各样从不同国家来的啤酒!