纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 18 课: Canadians love Canadian beer! 加拿大人爱加拿大啤酒!

Paul: Trust me, Trev...Canadians love Canadian beer! 相信我,崔佛,加拿大人爱加拿大啤酒!

Clerk: Hello fellas. Looks like you boys are going to do some drinkin', eh! 哈啰,小伙子,看来你们要喝点小酒呗!

Paul: Actually, more like "taste testing" for my friend. 其实,比较像是为我朋友举办的 ‘试喝活动’。

Clerk: Yeah, right! OK. We've got twelve Blue, a twelve of Molson Dry, six-pack of Sleemans, two King Cans... 是喔!好的。共是十二瓶蓝标、十二瓶摩森干啤、一手的斯里曼、二瓶巨无霸……

Paul: And one Beer Store mug souvenir. 还要一个啤酒店纪念马克杯。

Clerk: Classy choice. That'll be sixty-five eighty-five, gentlemen. 聪明的选择。总共是六十五块八毛五,先生。

Wei: Why are we pouring beer into coffee mugs, Paul? 我们为何要将啤酒倒入咖啡杯里,保罗?

Paul: Because we're going to drink these inside that store over there... 因为我们要到那边那家店里头喝……

Wei: Huh. What is this place, "Tim Horton's?" I've seen them everywhere! 喔。‘提姆霍顿餐厅’,这是什么地方?我到处都有看到!

Paul: Ah, yes... Timmies. No Canadian can do without Timmies' coffee and
Timbits...mmm... 嗯,对啊……提姆餐厅。少了提姆餐厅的咖啡和甜甜圈球,加拿大人全都活不下去……好吃好吃……

Wei: Let's try some! But why are we hiding these beers? 我们来吃吃看吧!但为什么我们要把这些啤酒藏起来?

Paul: Canada is a land of many silly paternalistic laws, and this is one--no beer in public or pay up! 加拿大这个地方,有很多把人当成小孩的笨法规,这就是其中之一——不可以在公共场所喝酒,否则就付罚款!