纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 21 课: That's a lot of bags! 好多袋子呀!

John: Whoa! That's a lot of bags! Let me help you. 哇!好多袋子呀!我来帮你。

Amy: Thanks. Macy's had a sale I couldn't miss out on! 谢谢。梅西百货有个不可错过的大拍卖!

John: So this is how you're spending your days now that you're unemployed. Any luck finding a new job? 原来这就是你消磨失业日子的方法。有找到新工作吗?

Amy: None. I even went to a fortuneteller to find out what's wrong. 没有。我甚至去问过算命师到底是哪里出了问题。

John: Let me guess...he told you to buy a new outfit? 我来猜猜……他要你去买套新衣服?

Amy: No, he said my nose is too flat, so bosses don't think I'm trustworthy. 不是,他说我的鼻子太塌,所以老板会觉得我不可靠。

John: You actually believe in fortunetellers? 你还真的相信算命的话呀?

Amy: Of course. Anyway, I'm seeing my plastic surgeon, Doctor Dave, on Friday. 当然。总之,我星期五要去看我的整形医师,戴夫医生。

John: This is, like, your third operation in the last few months. How do you pay for it all? 这应该是你这几个月来的第三次手术了吧。你哪来的钱啊?

Amy: Where there's a credit card, there's a way. 有卡者事竟成。

John: But credit cards still have to be paid off. And with no job... 可是信用卡还是要付清啊。而且你又没工作……

Amy: You sound like my big sister. Once I get a job, I'll pay them off. 你听起来跟我大姐一样啰嗦。我一有工作,就会把它们付清的。

John: Credit cards are really dangerous. They offer you really low introductory interest rates. 信用卡真的很危险。他们一开始给你的利率很低。

Amy: I know. I love that! I've got one at zero percent and two at seven! 我知道。我就是喜欢那样!我有一张零利率跟两张利率百分之七的!

John: But, those will go up. Most credit card rates are around fifteen to eighteen percent. 不过,利率后来都会变高。多数信用卡的利率都在百分之十五到十八之间。

Amy: So I'll have to pay a little more in the long run. 最后大不了多付一点嘛。

John: Try a lot more. Most of your monthly bills are paying off interest and not what you bought. 是多付很多。你每月付的账单几乎都是利息,而不是你买的东西。

Amy: But they're so easy to use. C'mon, dinner at the mall, my treat! 可是它们用起来好顺手。来吧,去购物中心吃晚餐吧,我请客!