纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 24 课: Until you get out of debt hell? 做到你还完那一屁股债吗?

John: Hello, I'm looking for Amy Kwan. She just started working here. 哈啰,我要找关艾咪。她刚来这里工作。

Amy: John, it's me. 是我啊,约翰。

John: Amy? I came to take you out to lunch to celebrate your new job, but... 艾咪?为了庆祝你找到新工作,我特地来带你出去吃午饭,可是……

Amy: [Takes off bear head] Hey, I get free meals. (脱下熊头)嘿,我有免费午餐可以吃了。

John: But, you've got an MBA. You can do so much better than this. 可是,你是企管硕士耶。你可以做比这好很多的工作。

Amy: No one wanted me. I put out twenty resumes and had ten interviews. This was my last resort. It's kinda fun, don't you think? 没人要用我。我递了二十份履历表出去,面试了十次。这是我最后一条路了。还蛮好玩的,你不觉得吗?

John: I guess so, but a dancing bear? 我想是吧,不过,做一只会跳舞的熊?

Amy: Hey, they hired me. They didn't care about my looks since I wear the costume. 嘿,他们雇用了我。因为要穿这一身道具,他们并不在乎我的外表。

John: You've gotten your nose, eyes, and mouth done. What's wrong with your looks? 你已经整形了鼻子、眼睛还有嘴巴。你的外表还有什么不好啊?

Amy: The fortuneteller says my ears stick out too far. People think I'm nosey. 算命的说我有对招风耳。别人会觉得我好管闲事。

John: I have a staple gun. I can staple them to your head. 我有把钉枪。我可以帮你把它们钉在头上。

Amy: You're not making this any easier. Besides, this job is just temporary. 那样做是于事无补的。而且,这份工作只是暂时的。

John: Until you get out of debt hell? 做到你还完那一屁股债吗?