纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 27 课: Rise and shine, 起床啰

Granny: Rise and shine, Faye. It's a beautiful new day. 起床啰,菲菲。这是个美丽而崭新的一天。

Faye: And you've been up since five o'clock. I know... 而且你五点就起床了。我知道……

Granny: Well, I made your favorite—biscuits and gravy. 嗯,我做了你最爱吃的——比司吉和肉汁酱。

Faye: I'm up. Mmmh...I can smell them... 我起床了。嗯……我闻到香味了……

Granny: I also wanted to give you this. It will help you budget your money. 我还要送你这个。这会帮助你管理你的钱。

Faye: Dad has one of these, too. What is it? 爸爸也有这种东西。这是什么?

Granny: I'll explain over breakfast. Now let's go chow down! 我会在吃早餐时解释的。我们现在先去吃吧!

Faye: So I have to write everything down in this book? 所以我什么都要写在这本子里啰?

Granny: I call it the "budget book." Everything you earn or get goes under "Earnings." 我称它为‘收支记帐本’。每一项你赚取或得到的,都要记到‘收入栏’。

Faye: But I only get allowance. Does that count? 可是我得到的只有零用钱。那也算吗?

Granny: Yes, as an earning. And everything you need to spend money on is an expense. 是的,那是一项收入。而每一样你需要花钱的东西,都算是支出。

Faye: This is starting to sound like math class. 听起来开始像是在上数学课了。

Granny: But it's important if you want to be able to buy things like new Barbies. 但这是很重要的,如果你想要有能力买得起东西,譬如新的芭比娃娃。