纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 30 课: She's an expert at saving money 她是个省钱专家

Dad: You're back. How was your visit with Granny? 你回来啦。到奶奶家好玩吗?

Faye: It was great! Look what I got! 很好玩!看看我拿到什么!

Dad: A piggy bank? A financial planner? Coupons? 小猪扑满?财务规画簿?折价券?

Faye: Yeah! She's an expert at saving money, Dad. 是的!她是个省钱专家,爸。

Dad: Well, I'm glad. But I bet you're dying to go out for dinner! 嗯,很好。不过我猜你一定很想出去吃晚餐了吧!

Faye: I do have a pizza coupon...buy two get one free. I could have the leftovers for lunch. 我可是有张比萨的折价券喔……买二送一。吃不完还可以留着当午餐。

Dad: Don't worry, honey. We can eat steak if you want. You don't have to use your coupons. 别担心,宝贝。如果你想吃牛排也可以。不一定要用你的折价券。

Faye: I want you to save money, too. I brought you all these coupons. 我希望你也可以省一点。我为你带来了这些折价券。

Dad: Well, thank you. You know I'm too lazy to cut them out myself. 呃,谢谢。你知道我懒得剪这些东西。

Faye: I found coupons for every school supply I need. 我找齐了我所有上学需要用的文具折价券。

Dad: Sounds like you were busy at Granny's then. 听起来你在奶奶家时很忙碌喔。

Faye: Yeah. With these coupons, we can save twenty-three dollars! We can use that money to take Granny out! 对啊。有了这些折价券,我们可以省下二十三美元耶!我们可以用那笔钱带奶奶出去玩!

Dad: Well, that's a nice idea. I see Granny has taught you a lot. 嗯,那是不错的主意。我发现奶奶教了你不少东西。

Faye: She taught me how much we waste! Look! You threw away perfectly good aluminum foil! 她让我知道我们有多浪费!你看!你把完好无缺的铝箔纸丢掉了!

Dad: What? But it's dirty! 什么?但这是脏的耶!

Faye: Wash it. It's expensive. Money doesn't grow on trees, you know. 洗一洗。这很贵的。钱可不会从天上掉下来,你知道的。

Dad: Uh-oh...that's Granny talking...I thought I'd escaped this madness when I got married and moved away from home! 糟糕……那是奶奶讲话的语气……我还以为结婚离家,就可以逃出这种恶梦了!