纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 40 课: Sounds a little weak. 听来味道有点淡

Ann: Barista, pull me a ristretto. 吧台,给我来杯芮思崔朵。

Jess: What? You're suddenly some kind of coffee snob now? What's a ristretto anyway? 怎么,你现在突然变成咖啡专家啦?芮思崔朵是啥东东?

Ann: It's basically a very strong espresso. Half the water pulled through the same amount of beans. Pure coffee essence. 基本上它是非常浓的浓缩咖啡。相同份量的咖啡豆,只加入一半的水。纯正咖啡精华。

Jess: Sounds like it must be just full of caffeine. I want one of those instead! 听起来一定充满咖啡因。我要换喝这种!

Ann: You fiend. It's about the flavor, not the fix. Why don't you just crush some caffeine pills and start doing lines? 你这个咖啡鬼。这是为了香味,不是在追求快感。你何不干脆把咖啡因片弄碎,开始用鼻子吸算了?

James :Ann, stop bugging Jess and help me order something new. Lattes are so passe these days. 小安,别再跟洁丝抬杠了,帮我点一些新口味。最近已经不流行喝那堤了。

Ann: Why don't you try an Americano? Espresso with water. 你何不试试美式咖啡?浓缩咖啡加水。

James: Sounds a little weak. 听来味道有点淡。

Ann: Go with a hammerhead then-espresso mixed with drip coffee. 那就来杯榔头咖啡吧——浓缩咖啡加一般滴滤式咖啡。

James: Sounds better, but I hope it doesn't inspire me to take a hammer to the client's head. 听来好多了,但希望这不会让我想拿榔头敲客户的脑袋。

Ann: Don't worry, James. We'll get this case worked out in no time. 别担心,詹姆士。我们很快就会把这个案子解决掉。

Jess: This motor oil case is still really slippery. 这个机油的案子还是很棘手。

Ann: Yeah, time for more coffee! 对呀,再去喝点咖啡吧!

Jess: Sure, why not? I think I want a chocolate chip cookie, too. 好啊,有何不可?我想我也要来片巧克力碎片饼干。

Ann: By the way, I heard Kitty's just got in a shipment of Jamaican Blue Mountain. 顺道一提,我听说凯蒂咖啡刚进了一批牙买加蓝山。

Jess: So what? 那又怎样?

Ann: It's only the rarest coffee in the world! Didn't your momma teach you anything when you were growing up? 这是世上最稀有的咖啡!长到这么大,你妈从没教过你吗?