纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 43 课: Let me know if I can help. 要我帮忙就别客气喔

Yi-jun: Hey, the pool's open now! 嘿,游泳池现在开放耶!

Holly: As of today it is. Memorial Day marks the end of the school year and the
beginning of summer. 今天起开放。阵亡将士纪念日是学年的句点,也是夏天的起点。

Yi-jun: So it's time for the kids to get outdoors... 所以对小孩而言,去户外活动的时间到了……

Holly: ...and for us to get tans in our new bikinis. …而对我们来说,是穿上新比基尼,去晒成古铜色的时间到了。

Yi-jun: Not this Taiwanese girl. We don't like to get suntans. 我这台湾女孩可不觉得。我们不喜欢晒黑。

Holly: That's smart these days with all the news on skin cancer. Hey, there's
everybody! [yells out] We made it! 在这么多皮肤癌报导的今日来看,那是明智之举。嘿,大家都在那!(大叫)我们来了!

Rich: Hello, ladies. I'm firing up the grill. We can eat in an hour or so. 哈啰,小姐们。我正在生火。我们过一小时左右就可以吃了。

Yi-jun: Chips, finger foods, desserts, baked beans. Where're the pork and beef strips? 洋芋片、小零嘴、点心、焗豆。猪肉和牛肉片呢?

Rich: Yi-jun, we're in the States. Here it's all burgers, steaks, and dogs. 怡君,我们是在美国。这里全都是汉堡肉、牛排和热狗。

Yi-jun: Ah...hence the buns and condiments we bought. And this is Holly's potato salad. 啊……怪不得我们带这些圆面包和辛香料来。这是荷莉做的马铃薯色拉。

Rich: You can put stuff on the picnic table. [sighs] Back to work. The grill is calling me... 你可以把东西放在野餐桌上。(叹气)回去干活啰。烤肉炉在呼唤了……

Yi-jun: Let me know if I can help. 要我帮忙就别客气喔。