纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 5 课: That's so embarrassing! 那真是太糗了!

Bryan: I think these are our seats. Look, these are the right place cards. 我想这就是我们的座位了。看,这几张正是我们的座次牌。

Yi-jun: [Sitting down] Wow! Look at these wine glasses. They have Cath and Rich's names on them and everything! (坐下)哇!看看这些酒杯。每件东西都印有卡西和李奇的名字耶!

Bryan: Yi-jun, those are wedding favors. You can take them home with you. 怡君,那些是参加婚礼的小礼物。你可以把它们带回家。

Yi-jun: Really! That's so nice! Oh, wait, Taylor's going up. 真的!太好了!喔,等等,泰勒上去了。

Bryan: What's wrong with him? Oh, my God! He passed out! 他怎么搞的?喔,天啊!他昏倒了!

Yi-jun: That's so embarrassing! 那真是太糗了!

Yi-jun: How romantic! Cath and Rich are dancing. Let's go join them! 好浪漫!卡西和李奇在跳舞了。我们去加入他们吧!

Bryan: No, Yi-jun, this is their special dance. Then Cath dances with Rich's father. 不行,怡君,这是他们专属的舞。然后卡西会和李奇的父亲跳。

Yi-jun: And Rich with Cath's mother? How many weddings have you been to? 李奇也会跟卡西的妈妈跳吗?你参加过多少婚礼啊?

Bryan: Tons! You know, they say weddings are the best place to pick up a girl. 非常多次!你知道的,大家都说婚礼是钓女孩子最好的场合。

Yi-jun: Hunh. Not tonight, boy. You already have a date. When can we dance? 哼。今晚别想,少爷。你已经有女朋友了。我们何时可以跳舞呢?

Bryan: After the wedding party joins in, then we can go. 等伴郎、伴娘们加入后,我们就可以去跳了。

Yi-jun: So, what comes next? 那么,接下来呢?

Holly: Well, see those guys coming to get all the single girls? 嗯,看到那些来找单身女孩的男生了吗?

Yi-jun: Are we supposed to make a toast, too? 代表我们也该去敬酒了吗?

Holly: Nope. It's time for the throwing of the bride's bouquet. Let's go! 不是。是新娘丢捧花的时间到了。我们走吧!

Yi-jun: What happens if we catch it? Do we get an extra wine glass or a gift or...? 如果我们接到会怎样?我们会得到额外的酒杯或礼物,还是……?

Holly: No, but you get to be the next one to get married! 不会,但你会是下一个结婚的!