纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 51 课: Are you nuts? 你疯啦?

Jess: I've just got Bean's new brand image. Let's make a T-shirt line with these pics. 我刚想到炳的新品牌形象了。我们来设计一系列有这些图案的T恤。

James: Are you nuts? It's the President of the United States in lingerie! 你疯啦?这是美国总统穿女性内衣耶!

Jess: Exactly! With the war in Iraq, they'll sell like crazy around the world. 正是如此!随着伊拉克战争,它们会在全世界狂卖的。

James: What’s next? Tony Blair in high heels? 那接下来呢?托尼布莱尔穿高跟鞋吗?

Jess: Sure. I'd rather show Bean in a garter belt, but all in good time. 当然了。我比较想印出炳穿吊袜带的模样,不过还是以后再说吧。

James: [Shakes his head] Inspiration can come in the strangest ways... (摇头)灵感会来自最奇怪的地方……

Ann: Are you OK, Mr. Bean? We can come another time, you know. 你还好吧,炳先生?我们可以择期再来。

Bean: I'll be fine in a few weeks. Damned light bulbs-I thought that forward about them getting stuck in your mouth was just a joke. 我再过几个星期就没事了。可恶的电灯泡——我还以为那个灯泡会卡在嘴里的转寄信是个笑话哩。

Ann: [Tries not to laugh] Me, too. Well, live and learn. Speaking of forwards, we haven't gotten any from you today. (忍住不笑)我也是。上一次当,学一次乖。说到转寄信,我们今天没收到你的来信耶。

Bean: Yeah, my computer came down with a virus. All I see are transvestite shots of George W. Bush. 对呀,我的计算机中毒了。只看得到小布什穿女装的照片。

Ann: That virus has been going around our office, too. Say...what did you think of those pictures? 那个病毒也在我们办公室散布。对了……你觉得那些照片怎么样呢?