纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 53 课: This show is like a black Friends. 这个节目就像黑人版的《六人行》

Nikki: Wanna chill out and watch cable? [turns on the TV] 想放松一下,看个电视吗?(打开电视)

Wen: [A few minutes later] Wow! Besides The Cosby Show, I've never seen a black sitcom. What's this program? (几分钟后)哇!我从没看过《天才老爹》以外的黑人情境喜剧。这是什么节目啊?

Nikki: It's a drama called Soul Food. This channel is BET-Black Entertainment
Television. It has black shows, news and commercials. 这是一部叫做《精神食粮》的电视剧。这一台是黑人娱乐台。它播放黑人节目、新闻、广告。

Wen: This show is like a black Friends. 这个节目就像黑人版的《六人行》。

Nikki: BET has black shows that are overlooked by mainstream white TV. 黑人娱乐台播放那些被主流白人电视台忽视的节目。

Wen: That's cool. I've heard LA has an all-Asian channel on cable. 真不赖。我听说在洛杉矶也有个全部是亚洲节目的有线频道。

Nikki: Word! 西底!

Wen: What? 什么?

Nikki: I said, “Word.” It means, “I fully agree!” 我说,‘西底。’意思是‘我完全同意!’

Wen: Oh. I'm not too good with slang. Go easy on me, alright? 喔。我对俚语不在行。别为难我,好吗?

Nikki: Aight. Try this out...kill that set so we can hop over to Angles Hair Design. We gotta look fly while we gettin' our groove on tonight. You down? 好啦。那你听听看这个……@#(*#)DO)@#)@#()@)@)$&$#&

Wen: Uh...is there a dictionary I can use or something? 呃……有没有字典之类的东西让我查?

Nikki: Ha-ha! I said, “Turn off the TV, so we can go to a salon. We have to look good while we're dancing tonight. Is that OK with you?” ’哈哈!我说, ‘关掉电视,我们就可以去美容院。我们今晚去跳舞得看起来美一点。这样好不好?

Wen: Word. 西底(我完全同意)。