纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 60 课: I'm gonna get a new game! 我要买新电玩游戏了

Mom: Johnny, have you tidied up your room yet? 钱宁,你的房间整理好没?

Johnny: Not yet, Mom. Why are you on such a cleanliness kick anyway? 还没,妈。你干嘛这么狂扫地啊?

Mom: Do I have to remind you that your grandma is arriving tonight? 你奶奶今晚要来,一定要我提醒你吗?

Johnny: Oh, my God, I forgot grandma's coming! 天啊!我忘了奶奶要来!

Mom: Yes, so this place had better be clean. You know Grandma... 是啊。所以这里最好要干干净净。你也知道你奶奶的脾气……

Johnny: ...I know I'll be killed if I pee on the toilet seat. ……我知道如果我尿到马桶盖上,我就死定了。

Mom: And Steve is going to look after you until we come back. 还有我们回来之前,史帝会来照顾你。

Johnny: So can we play PlayStation later? 所以等一下我们可以玩PS啰?

Mom: Sure, if you're done! 当然,如果你把房间整理好的话!

Johnny: All my games are so lame, Mom. When can I get a new one? 我的电玩游戏都好逊喔,妈。我什么时候才能买新的?

Mom: Well, listen, Honey, you've been a big help lately... 听着,宝贝,你最近帮了很多忙……

Johnny: Right on. I'm gonna get a new game! 赞。我要买新电玩游戏了!

Mom: If you take out the garbage and do the dishes, I'll think about it. 假如你把垃圾拿出去,并把碗盘洗一洗,我会考虑。

Johnny: I knew there would be a catch! 我就知道会有条件!

Mom: Nothing in life is free, Son. 天下没有白吃的午餐,儿子。

Johnny: Except housework, that is. 换句话说,就是除了家事以外。